Construction Trades Program
This free program will provide you with language training and skills to help you get a job in the construction trades. Previous work experience in construction is not required. This program is currently for newcomers to Canada looking to build a career in the construction sector.
- Language training for construction
- Canadian workplace culture
- Certification in WHMIS and First Aid
- Opportunity to enroll in training on Forklift, Elevated Work Platform (EWP), and Health & Safety
- Information on in-demand construction jobs
- Information about how to pursue an apprenticeship
- Help finding and keeping a construction job
At the end of this program you will receive support to enrol in additional training, register as an apprentice, or find a job in the construction trades. You will also receive advice and support to help you settle in your new job. Resources will be provided for additional services you might need as a newcomer.
To learn more about the Construction Trades Program, please click here to email Ruba Alnazer or call 416.921.1800.