Employment Support for Syrian Newcomers
ACCES Employment is well positioned to support the unique employment needs of Syrian refugees in our communities.
Syrian newcomers will benefit from ACCES Employment’s roster of programs as well as some customized services. Working closely with other community organizations, ACCES contributes to the continuum of support available to Syrian refugees in the Greater Toronto Area.
Below you will find several programs that we have developed in close consultation with community partners to support Syrian newcomers. We also offer several language programs that help to develop English language skills.
- FREE four-week skills training program designed to help newcomer youth find a job in customer service or general labour
- Supports newcomers between the ages of 16 and 29
- Syrian newcomer youth welcome
- FREE program to help you get a job in the construction trades
- No previous work experience in construction required
- Program for Syrian newcomers
- Get help finding a job
- Work with an Employment Consultant who speaks Arabic
- Prepare for the job market and connect with job opportunities
- Talk English Café offers informal drop-in sessions to practice your English conversation skills with a language instructor
- Language for Workplace Connections is a five-week program that helps you prepare for the Canadian workplace and improve their English language skills with a focus on business communication
- Get support from ACCES and BDC to start your own business in Canada
- Attend a two-week training to develop your business plan
- Meet a mentor who will support you in your launch phase