Starting a Business in Canada
Newcomers often come to Canada with a wealth of business experience and are highly educated and skilled in various sectors. With the right supports in place, self-employment is a highly viable option for newcomers. Small and medium sized businesses in Ontario contributed over 98.5% of all new jobs created in Canada over the last 10 years (Statistics Canada).
Entrepreneurship Connections is designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. If you have owned or operated a business outside Canada, this innovative and informative program will help you use that experience in the Canadian market. You will receive individual coaching to start a business. This includes developing a business plan, receiving legal consultation, and benefiting from the support of an established mentor. This program operates part-time for four weeks so that you will have time to apply what you are learning in the classroom.
Entrepreneurship Connections is now being offered nationally! In addition to our Toronto cohorts, we will be offering this unique program in Ottawa, Vancouver, and Moncton. Please click here to visit our events page to find an info session and program close to you.
- Individualized coaching to start your business
- Guidance to develop a marketable business plan
- Advice on how to target investors and secure funding
- Legal consultation to help launch your business
- Strengthen your knowledge of strategic planning
- Work with established entrepreneurs as mentors
- Strengthen your understanding of HR infrastructure
- Learn how to brand and market your business
Entrepreneurship Connections is funded by the Government of Canada.
To learn more about Entrepreneurship Connections, please click here to email Ying Que or call us at 416.921.1800.