Plan Your Job Search in Canada
ACCES Employment provides job search support to jobseekers who have obtained legal status to work in Canada or have been approved to immigrate to Canada. If you are still thinking about moving to Canada and require information about the immigration process, please click here for more information.
If you have already started the process of immigrating to Canada, ACCES Employment can help you to prepare for your job search. Starting your job search when you are new to a country can be challenging, however being prepared in advance will help you to increase your success of finding a job that reflects your skills, experience and expertise. Researching potential employers, having your credentials assessed, gathering references and learning about the local labour market are important first steps for getting started. Please see our online resources for more information about getting started.
If have already been approved to immigrate to Canada, ACCES Employment’s Canadian Employment Connections program can help you to prepare for your job search while you are still in your country of origin. Please see the program information below.
Canadian Employment Connections
Canadian Employment Connections is an online program that provides sector-specific training and job search services to newcomers as they prepare to immigrate to Canada. Through ‘virtual’ services and an innovative online platform, the program will guide you through several learning stages to prepare you for Canadian workplaces. You will be guided through the following learning areas through one-to-one support from the program team.
The program brings together ACCES Employment’s expertise and employer connections in the following sectors:
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Sales and Marketing
- Supply Chain
Job Search Skills
- Learn what employers are looking for in a resume and successful interviews
- Learn how to use social media, networking and informational interviews to access the hidden job market
- Learn other valuable job search skills to ensure your success once you arrive in Canada
Workplace and Business Communication
- Access unique training modules to prepare you for Canadian workplace and business culture
- Receive one-on-one feedback from an expert communication coach
- Learn about Canadian business culture to ensure the success of your career
- Learn about the Canadian labour market in your sector, job trends and areas of growth
- Learn strategies and tips for preparing for your job search in the sector
- Access sector-specific resources, information, job postings and sample resumes
Connections to Employers
- Meet with mentors in your sector and learn practical tips for finding a job in your field
- Connect with employers who are recruiting and hiring from ACCES programs
- Participate in webinars and speaking events with employer representatives
You are eligible for the program, if you:
ü Are destined to land anywhere in Canada (Pan-Canadian)
ü Are approved, or are in the process of being approved for Permanent Residency in Canada
ü Plan to arrive in Canada in no more than 3 months and no less than 8 weeks
ü Are committed to completing the program within 8 weeks of enrollment
ü Are proficient with computers and comfortable with online learning
ü Have completed post-secondary education in one of the above listed sectors
ü Have strong English language skills
ü Have at least 2 years of experience in one of the program sectors (listed above)
To register for the program, you will be required to submit valid documentation to confirm your eligibility for the program. We require one of the following documents to be provided:
- Permanent Resident card
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence
- IELTS scores (only if English is your second language)
- Permanent Resident visa
- Letter of notification to pick up Permanent Resident visa
For more information about registering for the Canadian Employment Connections, please click here.
Canadian Employment Connections is funded by the Government of Canada.